7/22/13

Take Care:Take Stock Results: Sleep, Posture, Hydration

And above these three is sleep. God is so funny. While working on the Take Care series this summer, I got to thinking/writing and well the three things I need / want to focus on this summer as the title entails are sleep, posture, and hydration.  Last week, we talked about taking stock and I must let you in on a little secret: I already knew what I needed to work on which sometimes happens but it was defiantly confirmed this week in ways I couldn’t imagine. How did taking a fresh look at your self –care needs go this week?

Sleep:
 
Sleep has eluded me at times and has been good at times. In fact last night it rained and I slept well besides some weird dreams. But dreaming is good.  I defiantly see a difference when I don’t go to bed at my normal time even for one night. It’s like it throws my whole week off!!! Yikes! So, it’s fitting a few weeks ago the Today Show did a segment on sleep. OK God I’m listening :)
 First order of business is to really look at my sleeping patterns and implement new ways to get a better night’s sleep. I already do the usual we have all heard before of going to bed and waking up the same time each day… even on weekends…Ugh!,  making sure my bedroom is just that a place to sleep not plan, write, read, or watch TV…this does not always work and  lastly,  try not to drink anything about 1-2 hours before bed so I get continuous sleep.
This week I will be doing three things to improve my sleep. How about you? Is sleep something you struggle with? Or is there another self-care issue you’re going to tackle first? What do you do to get a good night’s rest?

Sleep Tips This Week:
  1. Exercise
  2.  Note when I go to bed, how long it takes me to fall asleep, what time I wake up, and how I feel in the morning
  3. Phone Free bedroom

Okay, that’s it for now. I’ll be back next week to let you know how it goes.

Take Care,

~Raqui

No comments:

Post a Comment