3/21/13

About US

New Beginnings is for us. Yes you and me! The Lord 's mercies renew every morning.(lamentations 3:22-23) .This blog is for nurses in any phase of this adventure from first time students to tenured professors and everybody in between. New Beginnings is for friends, family, and acquaintances of nursing...for those who want the inside scope on medicine all delivered through a spiritual lens:) God Bless. Everyone is welcomed in.

Hello My name is Raqui, one of my good friends gave me this nickname and it kind of stuck/I love it! New Beginnings is as much for me as it is for you. You see we each have an opportunity for new beginnings in our nursing adventure daily sometimes even hourly! I have been on this journey for a short amount of time but as I am sure you would agree nursing grows you up from the moment you commit to the adventure. I am here to encourage you ,cheer you on, and help you see in those dark days that joy is just on the horizon. You may be thinking how is? That's because I have a peace that surpasses all understanding in Jesus. Without Him I would not be writing you today. This blog is also for you, as a resource, a guide, a sounding board, and anything else you need. I aim to be transparent in my nursing experiences good or bad and what each one has taught me. If you want to connect me in a more intimate setting please feel free to email me at raquiwardrn@gmail.com.
 
Questions that may come to your mind is how to suction an ICU patient  for the first time  or educating a young girl about reproduction.  It was in these moments my nursing career was strengthened and/or  the  nursing passion God gave me shined through to provide her and others vital education.
 
The bottom line is I'm an open book...why? because I wish someone had been that for me. Yes there were moments of nurses opening up but no one I felt I could bare my soul, insecurities, joys, and triumphs to ...except my best friend Jesus. You can also email me if you want to learn more about Him as well.
 
With my transparency comes responsibility as an upholder of the nursing pledge /oath I took three years ago my experiences are written in such a way to protect all parties involved especially clients, coworkers, and well society. So if you think this is about you it's not.
 
I fully support HIPPA and go through great lengths to protect it. Thank you for reading this and I hope you take the time to look around and enjoy. If you love the blog share it with anyone who will benefit. Also if you love the blog you'll love my forth coming book What They Didn't Teach You or I in Nursing School: Lessons Learned Outside The Classroom.
 
Raqui
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment